Wednesday 7 November 2012

The Sisterhood Meets Again.

I've completed 16,770 words out of the 50,000 I intend to write through the month of November, spurred on by NaNoWriMo. It's a fantastic motivator, tailor-made for the procrastinators among us. Give me a target and a bit of healthy competition and its amazing how focused I can be.
And since I'm on target with a bit to spare, I am really looking forward to the weeknd with 'the Sisterhood' - aka C2C - The Coast to Coast Chapter of Romance Writers of NZ. It is our last meeting for the year, so incorporates a Xmas celebration. We will stay at Paradise Valley Lodge in Rotorua from Friday through to Sunday and indulge in good fun and good food, as well as some inspirational professional advice for our careers - and of course, lots of interaction and chat.
A weekend with a group of women with the same passions, dreams and language as me!
And yes, I'm hoping to manage another 2000 words at least over the weekend.
The characters in Crystal Dancer are shaping up to be very individual and strong in their voice so I'm guessing they're not going to give me any peace if there happens to be any 'down time'!
I give thanks for the magic of my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment